Reply To: Could this be a basis for an assessment/sound like ADHD?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Could this be a basis for an assessment/sound like ADHD? Reply To: Could this be a basis for an assessment/sound like ADHD?

Snack_box
Participant

Thank you for the assurance, Laurs!

Just like you, my symptoms have started to cause me anxiety and depression issues which I alone can no longer cope with. Over the years, strategies like setting alarm clocks for everything and hundreds of lists have helped… when it’s quiet and I am alone. But having a job in any sort of environment leads to me being overwhelmed and burnt out quickly and soon my “quirkiness” starts to show, long lasting relationships or the formation of them is simply impossible, it gets too boring/forgetfulness to reply etc. I have simply given up on having a normal life and this is my last hope on getting diagnosed and finding what is wrong with me.
Anyways, all I wanted to say is thank you for the reply and it has made me more confident in getting professional help – I have booked an appointment today for an assessment.