Reply To: Being with an ADD partner and not being intimate anymore

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums How to Use the ADDitude Forums Being with an ADD partner and not being intimate anymore Reply To: Being with an ADD partner and not being intimate anymore

B2021
Participant

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. As a person with ADD/ADHD, is it normal for you to have a lesser interest in sex (like just once a month) as you live longer with a person? I have initiated many times but when he is in the mood, he is really saying no or just making excuses. I also asked him to talk about it but his reasons are mostly he is tired or he doesn’t want to. I am confused because I know he is a very sexual person. He even mentioned to me that he masturbates 3-5x a week, and when we were on a long-distance relationship, he was hooking up at least once a week. Whenever I try to open up intimacy, he is avoiding it.

However, on the other hand, he always cuddles with me and kisses my cheeks and my lips when we are watching TV together. He would always hold my hand, he is the one always initiating to go to the grocery together and cook together. So this is actually confusing for me. He is not the type who talks a lot or communicative, he is very introverted and always trying to avoid misunderstandings and arguments so it’s really hard for me to adjust on this matter.