Reply To: ADHD boyfriend hiding anxiety & abusing drug self destruction.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones ADHD boyfriend hiding anxiety & abusing drug self destruction. Reply To: ADHD boyfriend hiding anxiety & abusing drug self destruction.

Kerplunk
Participant

It’s really great that you’re helping him, sounds like he needs your support even if he doesn’t realise that yet. If he smokes large amounts of weed every day, especially from AM he may have a dependency (10% do), being at Uni won’t help. He may need to hit rock bottom before he does something about it. Personal when I quit a very mild daily habit, I noticed an improvement in my cognitive ability (memory and IQ). If he’s at Uni, he may well get better results if he gets onto prescription medication. When I was at Uni, people without AHDH got black market supplies to help when sitting exams, just Google “the exam drug”. And he can get it for free and legitimately (it’s expensive) ! Maybe use that angle ? Your plan sounds like a good one, best of luck. (I’m also from the UK btw). Happy Christmas and New Year.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Kerplunk.