Reply To: 16 years on Adderall

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Health & Nutrition 16 years on Adderall Reply To: 16 years on Adderall

kkendall
Participant

I am experiencing the EXACT same thing. I have been causing myself more stress and anxiety the last 3 months because the weight gain has been so much. I have been working out daily and watching my diet since stopping adderall in March 2020 and I have put on 25lbs in the last 3-4 months. I keep going up in weight not down. I have meet with dietitians and have talked to my doctor who just keep telling me Ineex to eat balance diet and workout. I have adjusted Macronutrients (Carbs, Fat, Proteins). I have never been this dedicated in my life to diet and exercise, but nothing seems to work. I just keep getting bigger. I was expecting to gain weight when I stopped Adderall but I did not expect that I wouldn’t be able to lose any of it with diet and exercise.

I’m glad I’m crazy about the metabolism. I also have ready that hormones could be a big factor when stopping adderall, but there is not official research on this.