Reply To: Combination of VYVANSE and ADDERALL as booster – doctor refuse to prescribe

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Combination of VYVANSE and ADDERALL as booster – doctor refuse to prescribe Reply To: Combination of VYVANSE and ADDERALL as booster – doctor refuse to prescribe

lynneiha
Participant

Hey Amber 90. Is your drug just Vyvanse? Because there IS a Vyvanse XR that is long-lasting, and supposed to last up to 12 hours. I took it for eight to nine years, and I loved it; it lasted me all day and evening too. It seems your dr should think to recommend the XR for you, but if she doesn’t I would definitely ask her to!
The only reason I’m not still on it is because my psychiatrist retired and I haven’t yet found a new doctor willing to give me the meds I need.. that’s a different story.
I don’t know about the combo of Vyvanse and Adderall. I can see it may or may not be a good idea in the long run. But, I have to admit that if I were still a student, as you are, I would probably take that combo a time or two before a big exam.

Listen to Doctor William Dodson’s webinar about ADHD meds. I found it very helpful, but, unfortunately, I’m betting that most doctors will not be near as knowledgeable as he is about ADHD and medicine. Still, he may address your concerns about Adderall and Vyvanse, or any two stimulant combos. I don’t remember, but it’s such a great webinar, I am going to listen to it again soon.
Good Luck!