Reply To: Built up tolerance to 20mg XR — how long a break to restore effectiveness?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Built up tolerance to 20mg XR — how long a break to restore effectiveness? Reply To: Built up tolerance to 20mg XR — how long a break to restore effectiveness?

mattadd123
Participant

All of this information is very helpful. Thank you for your input. I am fairly new to taking Adderall, but am very familiar with it, and stimulants in general. I’m prescribed 20mg IR once a day. 20mg gets me that feeling you speak of, but I tend to go a bit off schedual, taking one 20mg in the morning and 20mg at noon everyday till I get down to 3 pills. I divide those into 6 doses, 10mg a day, to fight off any withdrawal. When I run out, there’s usually about a 2 week gap before refill. During those two weeks, I take 500mg of l-tyrosine daily, and use a small amounts of Kratom to fight off any urges. (6g of Kratom is what I take. New to it, take 3g). But that’s my routine and it’s worked so far (almost a year). I manage to get that feeling every time I take it with this routine. Of course we are not going to have the same Body and brain chemistry, and I’m sure with time obviously, my tolerance will go up. But thought I would through this out there in hopes something helps.