Reply To: Tolerance to Vyvanse, What’s Next?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Tolerance to Vyvanse, What’s Next? Reply To: Tolerance to Vyvanse, What’s Next?

alyssak86
Participant

Adderall did not work for me AT ALL. I literally couldn’t tell I had taken anything when taking it. Vyvanse has been a game-changer for me. It has helped my ADHD symptoms tremendously as well as helping control binge eating at night. I also take 50 mg of Zoloft daily. I do not take anything else. I have had to increase my Vyvanse to 50 mg/day vs the 40 mg I previously took. I have noticed recently that I was extremely dysregulated during the day, even with the Vyvanse. I had to ability to sit and focus on a task for however long I needed, but I felt so scatter-brained and unorganized. I decide to try Neuriva again. I started taking Neuriva it a while back and took it for two months without any noticeable changes. This time, I am taking it at night as suggested instead of in the morning. Since I have been taking it this time, I notice a cognitive difference in my ability to focus, prioritize, and accomplish tasks.

You might try Neuriva or another similar supplement. There are also the Focus gummies from Olly. Maybe combining one of these supplements with your ADHD medication can provide you more mental clarity and improve your symptoms.

My final suggestion is pairing a non-stimulant ADHD medication, like Guanfacine (Intuniv), to your regimen. Guanfacine is an extended-release medication, and it has to build up in your system, so it would not be an immediate effect.

Good luck! I hope that you are able to find some relief.