Reply To: Adderall XR stopped working after a WEEK? Please help.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Adderall XR stopped working after a WEEK? Please help. Reply To: Adderall XR stopped working after a WEEK? Please help.

ADDinBTV
Participant

I’m a “newbie” at this too. (Diagnosed a year ago at age 54. we’ll save that for another discussion topic). Took Adderall XR for several months and was like “wow, a new me” I’m tackling piles of clutter and projects that sat in my house for decades. I stopped for a short while, (because it was making me grind my teeth and wiggle my jaw and I was getting self concious about it) and then months later started up again on lower 10 mg dose. Generally has been working, but every so often (especially on weekends) I do fall back into a “funk” or my “Sunday malaise” of aimless puttering around the house, or worse lying in bed, and I chalk that up to good ol’ fashioned depression (which was how doctors over the years had convinced me was my problem– until one– a year ago– first suggested I had ADD which alas, explained SO MUCH about my pattern of behavior of the previous 53 years of my life. Stick with it… this is a journey of self-awareness, of grieving for the person I might have been, and accepting that there is no “cure”.