Reply To: Sister w/ ADHD, I'm out of patience and she thinks I'm selfish

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Sister w/ ADHD, I'm out of patience and she thinks I'm selfish Reply To: Sister w/ ADHD, I'm out of patience and she thinks I'm selfish

Jomaree
Participant

WARNING: Triggered

I have same problem with my sister, but I am one with a late diagnosis of ADHD.

Please understand late diagnosis is hard , especially after feeling like you have been dismissed all your life by your family and teachers. It impacts your whole life , then go through a weird process of acceptance. You have this feeling of loss and grief and that you underachieve. It is hard to put strategies in place with late diagnosis because our behaviours are so set, why its important for a early diagnosis.

Its not your place to judge her ways of coping to keep her head above water, because feels like you have been have betreading water all your life

My sister is very dismissed and has no self awareness, doesn’t want hear my problems, but constantly forces me to listen to health and life problems, then tells me just to get over and thats she she dealing with problems on her own, which is not true.

EVery conversation becomes all about her and I I have always been for her, I told her our relationship is about given and take, so if your not going support me then me, don’t expect me to do the same and we have no relationship now, because I block her.

Please remember If you a sibling has ADHD, othersthers have a higher chance of it too, I think my sister has it worse then me and has the worst self assessment of her herself, so she doesn’t see it and a sign of ADHD.

Maybe you should do some research, plenty of information on page, listen to your sister and support her, don’t tell her what to do, ask her about the impacts of ADHD before publicity blaming your sister on ADHD support page, because needs your your support , because maybe it may not be the ADHD thats is the problem.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Jomaree.
  • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Penny Williams.