Reply To: Adderall XR stopped working after a WEEK? Please help.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Adderall XR stopped working after a WEEK? Please help. Reply To: Adderall XR stopped working after a WEEK? Please help.

geobeck
Participant

Most important thing: Don’t lie to your doctor! Next, make sure you have a psychiatrist managing your case, not just a GP.

ADD is not perfectly understood, despite years of case studies. Messing around with your own dose and not telling your doctor is a recipe for disaster.

Having said that, I’m experiencing something similar. After five months of treatment, the effect of my meds is reducing. My original psychiatrist is no longer available, so my GP was trying to tweak my dosage, but I’m getting worse, so I insisted on a referral to another psychiatrist.

Meanwhile I’m waiting, continuing my current dosage, even with reduced effectiveness. I don’t want to screw up my brain by making unpredictable changes.

Be patient, be honest, and be insistent with your doctor. He’s not in charge, but he needs all the information if he’s going to help you.