Reply To: Making brushing my teeth fun

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Making brushing my teeth fun Reply To: Making brushing my teeth fun

AdeleS546
Participant

It is good to hear that you brush your teeth even though you find the task revolting and boring.

My fiance and I have been together for five years. He has ADHD and I do not. Within the last year or so he has basically given up on brushing his teeth. It has gotten worse with the pandemic as he no longer has to go outside of his home to work. Since he doesn’t have to go into the office he doesn’t have to brush his teeth. Because of this his teeth are literally rotting out of his head.

In the last few weeks he has started to brush them again. It is unfortunate but there’s nothing I can do about it I rarely kiss him anymore because his breath is so nasty. I know this isn’t only an ADHD thing it’s a guy thing or it can be. My ex-husband had nasty breath to he would only brush his teeth in the morning before going to work. He also smoked a pack and a half of cigarettes a day and drink coffee all day long and expected me to be receptive when he leaned in to kiss me.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by AdeleS546.