Reply To: Job Career — Is it Really Realistic? Linkedin?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Getting Things Done Job Career — Is it Really Realistic? Linkedin? Reply To: Job Career — Is it Really Realistic? Linkedin?

Lesilotte
Participant

I don’t think it’s unrealistic at all. I think you might benefit from seeing a career counselor. Career may not mean “office job” for you. There might be a career where you can be out and about, where movement is part of the day.

Just an example that won’t apply to you: my little sis (not add) has a job where she is computer tech support for a school system. This is not sitting at a computer all day! This is going into classrooms and plugging stuff in, showing teachers how to use their equipment, setting things up, solving problems that are different each day –helping people.

This job comes with a pension and great insurance!

Not saying you are the kind of person who likes to plug stuff in and untangle computer snafu’s but it’s just an example of a job that requires, helping people, less sitting and more creative problem solving.

A career counselor might be able to help you brainstorm something more suitable that you might actually enjoy! I hope this helps.