Reply To: Too much arguing, will it change? Adhd boyfriend

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones Too much arguing, will it change? Adhd boyfriend Reply To: Too much arguing, will it change? Adhd boyfriend

leftie22
Participant

What is he doing to change it?

You say his behaviour makes you feel depressed, angry and resentful. That he promises to change, and then doesn’t. Don’t you deserve better, especially as such a young person with a whole life ahead of you?

My experience is very similar to yours, my husband has been diagnosed for 5 years and taking medication and nothing has changed. Except we have two kids, and now they’re also noticing his moods, anger and broken promises.

Only you can decide how much you can handle, but I don’t think any relationship should be that hard. Your partner should be your support and comfort, not the person who yells at you and makes you depressed. Life will get harder and you need someone stable by your side, not someone you have to coach on how to treat people. It’s exhausting trying to be someone’s conscience and remind them to treat you like a human being. You deserve better.