Reply To: Friendships and RSD

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships Friendships and RSD Reply To: Friendships and RSD

anotherday
Participant

I feel the same exact way. I always feel like I’m invited out of pity or seen as a last resort kind of friend especially in group settings.
Something similar happened to me for my 21st recently too, where only one of my friends got me something and that really hurt (especially for a 21st).
I was just recently diagnosed with adhd because of these feelings (and the usual symptoms) and still really learning and understanding how its affected me and my relationships. You aren’t alone though!! Recently I’ve been feeling this way with my roommates and constantly finding myself doing little things for them to receive any kind of validation but still overwhelmingly feeling like I’ve been tossed to the side.It’s a horrible feeling and hard for anyone to go through.
I hope things get better for you 🙂 I just try and remind myself that these kinds of people might just not be real friends in the long run. Keep your head up!