Reply To: Help I’m about to lose it

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline Help I’m about to lose it Reply To: Help I’m about to lose it

AmyRN0613
Participant

I understand your pain. My 14yr old daughter whose been diagnosed with ADHD, and severe depression refuses to go to school. Yesterday I took her electronics away and she ran away and I had to call the police. She is going to do all virtual schooling, as Ive contacted the guidance counselor and she is responsible for doing the work and signing in every day in the morning.
My daughter has tried meds, shes been in the hospital twice for cutting and suicide attempts. I know how hard this can be. I have health issues too but her dad is a big support. I know that they need consequences as well and my daughter has gotten away with too much for too long. So we set up an appt with her psychiatrist again and will take it from there. Sher refuses meds, therapy, mostly everything right now.
Just know that this too shall pass. Im praying for ya and hoping you feel better.