Reply To: Congratulations, you've been diagnosed! Now what??

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Congratulations, you've been diagnosed! Now what?? Reply To: Congratulations, you've been diagnosed! Now what??

kokobop
Participant

Hi! I don’t really know what advice to give you since I feel like we’re all in the same boat here. 😊 Plus I don’t know what specific needs you might have, and maybe you don’t really know it right now either. You might discover it with time though.

What I have done since I got diagnosed is to read as much as I can about ADHD. I’ve been talking about it with my friends and family, and I have even started blogging about my journey! For me it’s all about understanding ADHD and how to deal with it.

Since I’m still not sure what ADHD meds and which dosage works the best for me, I take notes on how I feel and if I experience any side effects.

I will also try to talk with my doc about possible therapy/counseling or something else that would help me with finding ways to get going with mundane things like chores and whatnot.

I don’t know if this is helpful for you, but maybe you got some tips anyway! 🙂

With time you may also figure out what approach to this works best for you! Good luck!