Reply To: Congratulations, you've been diagnosed! Now what??

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Congratulations, you've been diagnosed! Now what?? Reply To: Congratulations, you've been diagnosed! Now what??

kokobop
Participant

Believe me, I totally understand where you are coming from and even your questions of self-worth and what talents you possess!

I agree it’s strange that therapy or similar isn’t offered as a complementary treatment with medicin, but I’ve been struggling with other health issues (as well as undiagnosed ADHD) since I was 15 and I’ve never been offered therapy by any doctors. In my experience this is something I’ve always had to ask for myself, even as a teenager coming in with weird health issues destroying my entire world.

I don’t know what the heath system is like where you live, but in my country I can get therapy basically for free (only a small fee for each visit) via the general health system. I hope you can find someone to talk to, and a therapist you click with! Good luck!

Meanwhile my meds are backfiring and today I felt like I was a ticking bomb ready to explode. Just sent a message to my doc and I’m waiting for his reply. I will also bring up the subject of getting some therapy/counseling with him, and see if he has the same response as your doc or if he understands where I’m coming from. So far my doc has been really good, so hopefully all of my meds troubles will be solved soon!

Take care~