Reply To: Therapy in a Pandemic

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Therapy in a Pandemic Reply To: Therapy in a Pandemic

ers375
Participant

Hi it’s a bit of a different situation, but I’m struggling with this right now with my young daughter. I’m relatively certain she has ADD and am having her evaluated by her pediatrician next week, but it is the same situation for us that in-person therapy is really the only thing that would work for her. I’m not sure what to do about it at this point, other than wait out the pandemic. If this isn’t an option for you and you feel in desperate need of therapy, maybe you could find someone who would do an in-person intake session and then do telemed appts from There on, until the pandemic has slowed down or we have a vaccine. Just a thought. I will say, I see my own personal therapist (for depression and anxiety) via telemed and while not ideal, it actually still helps a lot. Right now I have the “something is better than nothing” attitude. I hope you find something that works for you and good luck!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by ers375.