Reply To: A bit sacred i have ADHD.

Jasonboy82
Participant

Hey Saverix339, i dont usally post online, but alot of what you said hit home to me. I’m not an expert, but I think it is very likly that you do have it. The few symptoms you describe that you don’t have could simply just be difference in your personality or just plain life circumstances. The loaded thoughts and having trouble concentrating on what the other person is saying screams ADD to me. Its like man i got this point i want to ADD “lol (just noticed that add in it), but if I don’t say it now it’s going to slip away so you try to listen and talk at the same time in your head which never works trust me, but, on the flip side people with social anxiety tend to do this to. Maybe your social anxiety stems from your ADD. I have ADHD and have taken adderall for it for years, but Vyvanse may be better for you because it tends to last longer and I hear that there is less of a crash after it wears off. I have not tried it myself, but I think it might be a really good option for you, if you want to try treating it. See people with ADHD and ADD have problems with paying attention hence (“Attention Deficit Disorder”) so if you get distracted by whats in your head you will miss what the other persons saying. I could be trying so hard to understand what somebody was trying to tell me. I could hear the words and look them directly in the eye, but it just wasn’t sinking in. Like if someone said or asked me something and then asked me to repeat what they just said I could only remember parts of it like the beginning or the end of the conversation. It was extremely frustrating and disablitlitating to say the least. The fact that you say you have no problems socializing makes me tend to believe that it might be ADD. Again this is just my opinion don’t take it as complete facts or answers. That is the reason I don’t usually post is because people tend to read stuff online and take it as facts and apply it to their own life without question. I don’t want to have that responsibility hell, I barely like being responsible for my own actions much less having to worry about another person’s. I would definitly ask your doctor to let you try treating it. What is it going to hurt and if It makes life for you more bearable then kudos. I hope this helps you Saverix339. If it does then it was well worth the time to post it.