Reply To: You have ADHD? Me too! Let's be friends :)

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Women & Girls You have ADHD? Me too! Let's be friends :) Reply To: You have ADHD? Me too! Let's be friends :)

Leoamdb
Participant

Hi Kerfuffle (great name),

You sound very much like me. I was daignosed last year aged 43, and despite being medicated, also feel like I have got worse, or at least more aware of how weird I really am. Which doesn’t really help.

I used to be a secondary and primary school music teacher, but, despite being a fun, imaginative, gifted teacher, that all came crashing down this year. I certainly never coped with how my weaknesses (organisation, consistency, RSD, behaviour management of 30 teenagers in a music room!!!!????) were constantly being exposed in that role and my strengths (creativity, being innovitive, empathy, humour, enthusiam) were not really valued. The stress all led to a suicide attempt in February.

So, I have now re started my career as a piano and guitar tutor, starting my own tutoring business, and am starting for once to feel quietly optimistic again. And I no longer dread September 1st,

Oh and Hi!

L