Reply To: New Relationship Hyperfocus does it return?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships New Relationship Hyperfocus does it return? Reply To: New Relationship Hyperfocus does it return?

hesmysoulmate
Participant

There is so much similar to my experience that I could have almost written the same post. I sure hope his hyper focus returns – in fact I am counting on it. This amazing man I met with ADHD had a negative past also – different past – yet it helped me to understand this wonderful, fragile person that I feel like few people actually see. We dated for a month and he kept in touch during COVID although I had to go home (which was 500 miles away during that time). Apparently he met someone during COVID and started dating – timing about the end of our month together. He still texts me and he still says he misses me and I’m not sure if he is still with this girl or not. His behavior in general is sporadic so even when we did date it was hit/miss when we actually got together. I miss him so much. I fell really hard for him – in fact he swept me away. Still hoping….