Reply To: Going to have to show my coworkers/friends the fact I've been barely functioning

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Going to have to show my coworkers/friends the fact I've been barely functioning Reply To: Going to have to show my coworkers/friends the fact I've been barely functioning

Penny Williams
Keymaster

You don’t owe them an explanation. Sure, they will probably ask why you don’t have things. You can sidestep by saying that you just didn’t want to fully set up house yet and were sticking to the minimum necessary or something like that.

As far as wanting to do better, seek treatment. Connect with a counselor or therapist. You want to take action, so now it’s time to start moving. And just set very, very small incremental goals. When you set expectations for yourself that are doable, the feeling of success with help tremendously to get you unstuck and moving forward.

Penny
ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach, Podcaster & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism