Reply To: I just can’t trust him?…ADD partner who cheats…is it normal?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones I just can’t trust him?…ADD partner who cheats…is it normal? Reply To: I just can’t trust him?…ADD partner who cheats…is it normal?

AdeleS546
Participant

I could never stay with a man who couldn’t be faithful to me, who constantly lies and hides things. If I can’t trust my partner than what do I have?

In every relationship things become comfortable between the parties involved, which often leads to complacency. You have to decide if you are willing to put up with him chasing that new shiny thing to a fill a void in his life.

Him having ADHD is not an excuse to cheat. Unless he is willing to accept responsibility for his behavior and is willing to change, not just say he’s going to, marrying him won’t make things any easier.
He has to show you with actions and there has to be lasting change in order for you to believe it.

Trust is a terrible thing to lose in someone and it is hard to get it back.
Flirting with other women & hiding things from you is not right and you know this.

I have been with my ADHD partner for five years and he hasn’t cheated and neither have I

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by AdeleS546.