Reply To: New Relationship Hyperfocus does it return?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Relationships New Relationship Hyperfocus does it return? Reply To: New Relationship Hyperfocus does it return?

AdeleS546
Participant

I have been with my now fiance for five years. The Hyper-focus phase swept me off my feet and spun my head around. He loves me and I love him and we do have a good relationship. The hyper-focus phase is gone and I don’t expect it to return. From what I read in the ADHD effect on marriage and on the website with the same name, the hyper Focus does not come back. It is the nature of many people with ADHD to be attracted to the next new shiny thing.
That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t love you, it means that he is possibly easily distracted. For instance, when I first met my fiance he was fixated on sailing. He had a sailboat and a YouTube channel to which he would post sailing blogs. He stopped sailing almost two years ago now when he became a homeowner and has other things to occupy his time.
By the way, my fiance and I do not live together. I have a teenage daughter and need to stay put until she graduates next year.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by AdeleS546.