Reply To: Emotional Stress, I need help

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotional Stress, I need help Reply To: Emotional Stress, I need help

gilli
Participant

Hi, I’m so sorry you’re going thru this. I can relate. The first thing I did, and was told by my doctor to do, was get your sleep schedule back on track. Try melatonin and magnesium at bed time, Then set up your schedule. Be in bed at 10pm, read a paper book or magazine for a bit, lights out at 10;30. No devices in your room at all.
Get up early, and if possible schedule a nap sometime during your day. It truly sounded impossible to me at the time, but my doctor insisted. Get a sitter for an hour if you can, and work towards sleeping for that hour. If you Can’t sleep, rest, read a book, listen to a podcast, just chill. 1 hour a day. Grab a meditation app, meditate for 10 mins, and try sleeping after that.
Start taking care of your self sweetie. Remind yourself that this is a short term thing, it won’t last forever. Be gentle with yourself, there’s no such thing a a perfect reaction to this. Give yourself the time you need to recover, you deserve it, you’ve been thru a lot. Perhaps see if there’s a better mood medication, maybe the one you are on isn’t the best one for you. Hold trust, you can and will get thru this. Love and Light your way my girl. Xo GG