Reply To: North Carolina?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums Local Connections North Carolina? Reply To: North Carolina?

purplefuzz
Participant

This is my first post on a site like this to find locals so the fact you replied gave me hope! I understand that struggle with finding people who you can relate to and seek support. A lot of the support groups I’ve seen around here have to do with anxiety, depression, ocd, etc but none for ADHD. It’s only recently with this website that I can see a lot of my issues can arguebly come from ADHD alongside anxiety, instead of anxiety and depression being the heavier issues, for lack of better words. I’m closer to the mountains than the coast, but it’s about the same amount of driving either way, perks of being in the middle of the state? My counselor gave me this site and like I have told them, I feel a lot of my issues could come from ADHD but I also have some OCD tendencies so I don’t want to overthink it…well too late there! I’m trying yet another new medicine that may be helpful, might not be. Only time can tell! I’m honestly hoping this website provides a lot of feedback and help when it comes to the work environment. I’ve read several articles on how to gently ask for extra help within the work area so I’m hoping that helps with my next job, given I’m unemployed.
I know that’s kind of a jumbled mess…I’m trying to be better!