Reply To: Is it unethical to call out for adhd symptoms?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Is it unethical to call out for adhd symptoms? Reply To: Is it unethical to call out for adhd symptoms?

RubyRed
Participant

I often have the same issue. I think it’s important not to drive when you’ve had limited sleep, and especially when you’ve had no sleep. You also won’t be at your best at work on no sleep and will be more sensitive. It’s definitely best to call in sick and it’s not unethical at all. Insomnia is a medical condition. I also wanted to say that I really relate to you on the sleeping issue. It’s the bane of my existence. My psychiatrist and I have been trialling having me take a 1/4 tablet of dexamphetamine sulphate when I wake through the night to try to control those racing thoughts. I have actually found the best thing is to follow a program of behaviour modification. If you’re interested, I’ll post the link below. The most important things for me have been to 1)strictly avoid doing anything stimulating within an hour of going to bed, and 2) sticking to a set time to wake up and get out of bed, regardless of how much sleep I’ve had. https://www.behavioralconsultationandprimarycare.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Sleep-Behavior-Change-Diary.pdf