Reply To: Finally diagnosed at 29!

CharlieRain
Participant

I’m newly diagnosed at 29 as well, except I had never before suspected I had ADHD. Mainly because I had no idea how different it presents in women. My main knowledge of ADHD, admittedly now very limited. Was just some of the boys I grew up with could climb the walls and never ran out of energy. There was never any mention growing up of girls having ADHD. All my life I could never explain why I couldn’t focus, or why hours would go by in an instant and I had accomplished nothing. Just either made more of a mess, halfway started a project, or was lost in my phone for hours. I heard “you have so much potential” and “if only you applied yourself, or took the time to study” more times than I can even count. Part of me is overjoyed to finally have an answer for why I couldn’t get out of my own way and the other part is angry someone didn’t see this in me sooner. Where would my life be if I had just learned this sooner? I’m trying not to live in the past, but as a major overthinker it’s hard not to wonder what could have been. I hope this diagnosis gives me a new lease on life, that I have been searching for for so long.