Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

annoyed123
Participant

Wow. Reading all the responses I’m glad it’s not just me. I agree with those of you who say you don’t take it everyday to keep your tolerance. I don’t either. I found this post because I am supposed to take a drug test today to test specifically for adderall. What I wish to know is are they just looking for the presence of it or are they also looking at quantities? There are different types of tests. Some do only look at the presence and not the quantity.

My doctor said if she was going to be prescribing this to me, I have to have the tests. They want to make sure they aren’t being sold. (Eyeroll)

I think the biggest issue would be it not showing up at all. I’ve researched and it takes about 3 hrs to show up in urine. Just to be safe I am taking a dose now so that it will definitely be in my urine by the time I get to clinic.

Having continued access to medications that are proven to work for you seems to be ever the more challenging. Last year all of my meds were stopped dead when I switched doctors and my prescriptions were refused their refills.
I don’t like that getting your medications depends on how much of a backbone the Doctor your seeing has.

The state of America really sucks right now. Drs across the nation are too scared to provide medicines proven to work because of those that have abused them, and the repercussions they face. Any controlled substance, from stimulants to pain killers.

This restriction has not helped or made any kind of dent. If people are desperate enough they may seek illegal means to get treatments which can cause disastrous repercussions.

I have watched those I love suffer needlessly because of this issue. It really isn’t the doctors fault, but the policies put in place by our government that they are required to follow or risk losing their licenses.

I pray that one day these policies will be readdressed and improved by those parties that have the power to make serious changes.

Until then, thousands more will suffer.