Reply To: Advice please! Newly Diagnosed UK woman with ADHD – Elvanse 20mg

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Advice please! Newly Diagnosed UK woman with ADHD – Elvanse 20mg Reply To: Advice please! Newly Diagnosed UK woman with ADHD – Elvanse 20mg

Bethewers
Participant

Iv been on Elvanse a year in July, I started on 30mg and the day I took it I felt a differance, I could sit down at my desk for longer, I wasnt so ‘bouncy’ and energetic and I noticed I wasnt getting in trouble for being away from my desk. I am currently on 50mg and still have all the same benefits. I still do get days where I cant find the motivation to start something that needs doing. (Iv been trying to motivate myself to decorate my bedroom all weekend) I dont get hungry half as much as i used to but what i found works for me is having my biggest meal for breakfast before my meds kick in and then having smaller meals throughout the day. I also take my meds as soon as I wake up on a morning so then I can sleep at night, iv took it later in the day a few times and struggled to go to sleep so I found it’s better to take it as soon as you wake up. I think your problem might not be the meds but the fact that the meds cant solve our ADHD all together, theres still other things we could try to help us when it comes to motivation we just need to find what works for us, we just have to remember the meds cant solve everything and for some things we will have to find things that work for us 😁