Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

well, some interesting reading here. I can chime in with my 2 cents. So I’m a licensed MH Therapist, I diagnose people all the time w/ ADHD, based on their reported symptoms. After some new insight on my part, I REALIZED I HAVE ADHD ! -NOW I realized why I struggled so in school.
So, I went to the local Dr.- I personally know the local Psychiatrist and he recommended seeing his Dr. colleague prior to his prescription for my symptoms. Although the hospital, Dr. and Psych. know my background, I was STILL treated like a child, blamed, ridiculed and talked down to. I called the Dr. out instantly on their behavior, they continued and accused me of lying to get these meds. -WHAT A MORON ! I told the Psych. that would happen, he dismissed me; AFTERWARDS, the Psych. called and corrected the Dr. and filled out the Rx for the medication. The Psych. dismissed the moronic Dr’s behavior and had the SAME attitude towards me- passive aggressively insinuating that I MIGHT BE a drug dealer/ user. These people don’t have a clue.
Drug dealers can snap their fingers and have any quantity of any drug at their door in minutes. -w/o this bs.
The Psych. quickly mentioned a contract, w/o explanation. I see that some see a Dr. who wants an annual UA, ok. A Monthly UA/ blood tests ? – I would go elsewhere and tell them why. IF we don’t correct it, this trash will continue. Stop going and put them out of business, it’s that simple ! MAKE SURE you use coupon companies like Good RX- they saved me literally $3K on my first RX- that’s criminal. But- Big Pharma. I guarantee they’re scamming the elderly on Medicare who don’t know any better- and honestly, they’re scamming every tax payer- again, should be illegal, but it’s not. Sickening.
Good luck everyone, we need it !
Many blessings.