Reply To: New Adderall generic Question

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults New Adderall generic Question Reply To: New Adderall generic Question

notcrazynora
Participant

This is so damn frustrating….. I’m 59 and have been on Adderall since the mid 90″s…. I had a terrible reaction to NorthStar generic brand, so my doctor sent a letter to my insurance co to get name brand Adderall which they did give “permission” for one year.. to be honest I feel like the name brand didn’t even do anything… maybe my body is just so used to it but for 90% of the yrs on Adderall I had been getting generic brands so I thought maybe getting name brand would be like some miraculous awakening, not so though… but I feel like even if it doesn’t do much its better than going back to nothing. So now my year is up and I’m back to figuring out what generic brand is good and what’s crap….this is total bullsh*t… there needs to be some kind of regulation for this generic industry, apparently they are allowed to fill the drugs with a bunch of crap and call it a generic drug. People with ADD/ADHD have real life struggles, why is this OK??? And the whole insurance “permission” bullsh*t pisses me off even more…we pay every month for our prescription plan why do we have to jump through hoops to get a name brand medication when we want it? My husband and I are basically healthy people, the only prescription meds I need are my ADD meds and maybe once in a while an antibiotic. My husband takes no monthly prescriptions either. I’d like to thank everyone in this forum though for relaying their experiences with the different generics out their. Since yesterday was day one of going back to generic I’ll keep a note of some of the terrible ones. I already had to jump from Wegmans who I’ve used for years to Costoc bc Wegmans only had the NorthStar generic brand. (Sorry for the rant by the way).