Reply To: Narrowed interests, – difficulty engaging and motivating son! Advice please.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Parents Behavior & Discipline Narrowed interests, – difficulty engaging and motivating son! Advice please. Reply To: Narrowed interests, – difficulty engaging and motivating son! Advice please.

Penny Williams
Keymaster

Minecraft is stimulating, offers easier social interaction, and is something kids with challenges are often good at, when they struggle to be good at much of anything. Plus, the majority of his friends likely talk all about Minecraft too. It’s providing so many opportunities he struggles with…

I understand the concern over screen time, but technology is part of all our lives and it’s not all bad. As long as he’s taking care of all other priorities (exercise, school, chores, in-person interactions with others when we’re not in lockdown), then screen time is ok. It can even be used to teach problem solving and executive functioning skills! 🙂

How Can I Break My Child’s Minecraft Obsession?

Penny
ADDitude Community Moderator, Parenting ADHD Coach & Author, Mom to teen w/ ADHD, LDs, and autism