Reply To: dopamine deficiency or dopamine receptor deficiency?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults dopamine deficiency or dopamine receptor deficiency? Reply To: dopamine deficiency or dopamine receptor deficiency?

Starsinhereyes
Participant

Hello gibran.shah until reading your post i had never heard of SCT before. I too have a strange tolerance that builds quite fast to any medication not just adhd meds. I was diagnosed with combination adhd as a child and an adult. Upon researching SCT which btw there is an informative article on this site about it it seems there has been no research what so ever done on the subject. Which is disheartening because i now too believe that is what i have. I do not have the thrill seeking behavior associated with inattentive adhd. My symptoms go hand in hand with the description provided for SCT. I am not sure of my dopamine levels but i do know that i either have abnormally low or fluctuating levels. I am hopeful though that research will start so we can move past this. The article did mention that ritalin helps reduce the symptoms of SCT as seen with patients suffering from it. Sorry i cant be of much help but thank you for shinning a light on something i would have never known about.