Reply To: Im so fed of never being able to push through

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame Im so fed of never being able to push through Reply To: Im so fed of never being able to push through

banjaxed
Participant

Ive heard about the pomodoro method. I even downloaded the app and felt it would be fun to try, but never tried it yet (6 months since i downloaded the app) 🙂 My therapist gave me a TimeTimer to use, but once i got it, the red surface widnt move. Im going to ask for a new one. Once im focused its easy for me to hyperfocus for 10-12 hours, but makes me really tired. The contrast between some tasks are huge. When i find a new interest i do alot of research on it, buying books that i intend to read (but never do) etc. Then its all i can think of in 3 weeks perhaps, then i loose interest in it. I started to draw the house i grew up in as a kid (25 years ago) and it was really fun. So sad to loose interest when its something you really like and enjoy doing. Frustrating never being able to be really good at something. Not sure when i will get my medicin. I was told after summer, perhaps in september. “you have been able to wait until now, then you can push it until then”. The thing is that ive really pushed myself to make it this far. I have a a few friends with ADHD and theyve told me that their medication gave them a new life. That sounds so good. I really hope that the medicin works on me. Do you take any medication and wich one? how does it affect you?