Reply To: Advice please! Newly Diagnosed UK woman with ADHD – Elvanse 20mg

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Advice please! Newly Diagnosed UK woman with ADHD – Elvanse 20mg Reply To: Advice please! Newly Diagnosed UK woman with ADHD – Elvanse 20mg

Kellyd0407
Participant

Hi – I’m an American expat currently living in the UK for the time being (until I can get back to New York) next fall.

Since I’ve moved I’ve had a nightmare of a time getting any of my medications. In the US I was taking Buproprion, Zoloft and Adderall. I have only been able to get the Zoloft and even that has been difficult. I have a Visa and have an NHS insurance number, but have had no luck finding any NHS doctor who acknowledges ADHD as a legitimate condition. I’m also shocked that I can’t even get Wellbutrin! I’ve been told it’s only prescribed for quitting smoking. That said, I’m open to trying a private option but have found most of them to require ridiculous initial tests that are thousands of pounds which I can’t afford right now. Do you have any suggestions for practices that are ADHD/anxiety friendly? I’m feeling very overwhelmed by the judgy rude reaction I’ve gotten every time I attempt to see a doctor. Thanks so much!