Reply To: Trying out partial 'dopamine fast' today

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Trying out partial 'dopamine fast' today Reply To: Trying out partial 'dopamine fast' today

ashleygro1986
Participant

I thought I was the only one with this problem! Sucks! Just sucks! I have alot of documentation to get together for a custody case due next Friday and have had no ths to do it yet find it so hard to just do it. I dont understand at all!
I do find it helpful when I park my car somewhere quiet and set a time limit on how long I can be there. Like go at 11 am and have to leave by 3pm so I at least get somethings done. However its not that easy to just leave nowadays. Last week I sat in the driveway in the car and had 2.5 hours to do some work. Well after spending time reading about things that do not relate to me at all, I was left with an hour to do something.
Same thing happened today! I cleaned my garage for 6 hours instead of working on documentation. Smh. I’m so over this…whatever it is. Aggressive impulsive procrastination. I thought medication is supposed to help but seems like its not for me. I’m so sorry I do not have the answer to this but maybe sitting in your vehicle with no music and a post-it of things you need to do on the dash may help. If not a vehicle then something else? Good luck!