Reply To: Advice please! Newly Diagnosed UK woman with ADHD – Elvanse 20mg

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Advice please! Newly Diagnosed UK woman with ADHD – Elvanse 20mg Reply To: Advice please! Newly Diagnosed UK woman with ADHD – Elvanse 20mg

Chickster
Participant

Interesting post. Im on Elvanse too & while part of me feels it changed my life (it makes me so much more tolerant & calm) Im like you, totally un motivated. And I used to be very motivated at work. Ive never been so bad at housework & while Ive put that down to depression actually I dont think it is. Ive had no motivation to exercise since forever either, & cant go to bed early – its not good. Im on blood pressure meds too, so may be able to get away with welbutrin (I used to take it so have a stash).
Re Concerta, it does work slightly differently. I really liked Ritalin though of course it wears off super fast. Concerta XL could be a good alternative – though as an NHS user could be hard to get.

Good luck & do give the Concerta a try. You arent imagining your side effects & its worth getting it right.