Reply To: Coronavirus Virus unfair med policy

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Coronavirus Virus unfair med policy Reply To: Coronavirus Virus unfair med policy

Sam29
Participant

It angers me to hear of all our struggles, yet honestly, I feel a little better as I’m not the only one who is undergoing this struggle.
My psychiatrist retired and the only one I could find, 5 years later, is one hour away. Because we don’t have a car, we have to RENT a car for a day (about $100 give or take + the $200 temporary hold on our debit card), drive an hour for my appointment and pay for it ($100) as shrinks around here don’t accept Medicare. Throughout the years, I’ve accumulated quite the druggie’s stash (that’s a joke, I don’t abuse my meds) that includes Klonopin, Ambien, GABA and now Adderal. My local pharmacy delivers all but the Adderal. So, then I have to hire a cab or get Uber to drop me off at Costco (you don’t have to be a member to use the pharmacy) because they take GoodRx but they won’t fill it until I’m physically there with my driver’s license and the script, pick it up $40-50, and then Uber back home (a $30+ roundtrip cost). So, you can add it up & yes, I wear my mask but I have to be exposed to God knows who because some 15-year old dumbass has crushed one of my meds and snorted it. It makes me feel like an addict, lower than people who “are just on an antidepressant,” because I need these to just get through a day and night – often without grace.
I wish health and hope to all. Take care of yourselves!