Reply To: ADD Man friend (with anxiety) blocked me – making sense of what happened

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones ADD Man friend (with anxiety) blocked me – making sense of what happened Reply To: ADD Man friend (with anxiety) blocked me – making sense of what happened

pepelepew
Participant

Personally, I was a little skeptical about him having RSD but then remembered how he’s had so many self-deprecating jokes/statements, telling me he has low self-esteem. This is something I don’t experience and still trying to understand. I do have insecurities but not to that level. There also had been times when he misinterprets my texts when I would express concern and he would think I’m girlfriend-raging on him, or I would say something innocuous and he would say I’m being sassy so he didn’t want to engage. Is this RSD as well? These were all prior to me seriously associating ADHD symptoms.

I almost always try to understand the “why” with people not just him. People not understanding me, taking things personally, is the very reason why I withdraw and feel isolated at times (which also has been a factor that drove me to depression in the past)…which is why I try to understand. I hate it when people don’t care to do that.

Thank you for your response. How do you suggest I handle this?