Reply To: ADD Man friend (with anxiety) blocked me – making sense of what happened

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones ADD Man friend (with anxiety) blocked me – making sense of what happened Reply To: ADD Man friend (with anxiety) blocked me – making sense of what happened

mrcyco
Participant

I understand what makes you feel that way and I’m sorry you find yourself it that situation. However “why” does matter it probably matters more than anything else. “Why” doesn’t change the crime, but it can change the motive. It lets you dissect what is him and what is his disability. It might not change how you feel about him. But it’s will allow you to understand what is intent and what isn’t.
We are not always the complete monsters we are perceived to be.

(Watch Fitz Lang’s M is a key film to understanding impulsiveness and intent)

We can be horrible to be around and I sometimes don’t understand why people bother. But we are human (just wired differently). We walk in a world that isn’t made for us (like being lefthanded) but to us neurotypical people can be as confusing, callous and frustrating as they find us. There is just a lot more of them.

If we could take a pill to be somewhat “normal” we would… And most of us do