Reply To: ADD Man friend (with anxiety) blocked me – making sense of what happened

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Spouses & Loved Ones ADD Man friend (with anxiety) blocked me – making sense of what happened Reply To: ADD Man friend (with anxiety) blocked me – making sense of what happened

mrcyco
Participant

The issue with ADHD is that what is experienced are thing that everyone experiences at some point. It’s just a lot more frequent and charged with us.you may have it or you may just relate to standard normal stimulants

He flirted at the beginning because it a great source of dopamine. Over time that disapates and he doesnt get the same long term goal rewards that neurotypical people get. So he will sometimes sort out his own fix (so to speak) and cause drama. He also probably has RSD (rejection sensitive dysphoria) this can cause him to set things (metaphorically) on fire, to get the reassurance he craves. Regardless, these people (I included myself) are very hard to handle . They mean well and can show great love and attention. However over time it shift and dulls. If you meet someone like that again. Use clear and concise communication. Do not bend to their will and keep them guessing and on their toes (but without losing postive communication). If you keep them stimulated then you have them for life. They are hard work and in the end it can be thankless (as they can just walk away) but done right you have a magical unicorn in your stable