Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Mknapp89
Participant

I just got a call today after being tested for adderall on the 1st of March and was told that my test came back for adderall and that they will no longer be able to prescribe it to me. I told them the day I took the test that it had been about four days since I took it because my furnace broke and my daughter was diagnosed with the flu at the same time so Friday through Monday I was at home dealing with these issues and not necessarily worried about taking my medicine.
I dont know what to do from here because I really need it to focus at work and I re-stated that I had informed the doctor of what was going on and they said there is not much they can do after there is a negative test their policy requires them to stop medication, I was wondering If anyone knows what I can do if anything I see there are a couple other people this has happened to.
Should I try to find a new doctor? can I wait and ask again? This is the first time ive had a negative test result and Ive had to do that every 3 months for the past 3 years.
any advice would be greatly appreciated..