Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

John6161
Participant

I too have been taking medication for ADD since I was a child. I have been drug tested for 6+ years for them to see I’m actually taking it which surprises me some of y’all are just now being tested. BUT my issue is, I just went to the doctor and they tested me as usual, gave me my script and I was on my way. They call me a month later, after my script is basically out, saying they can’t provide me with the script because they found THC in my system. I’m 25, I’ve been smoking weed since 16-17ish. They are giving me another test in a month, but this was never mentioned to me in the past nor did they say anything different(that they are testing for weed too now) when I recently got tested. So now, I have exams coming up w/o vyvanse because I have to be clean before I get it again, which I’m sure won’t be until after my exams. So did the DEA change a rule or something? Cause I know for a fact 90% of the tests I’ve taken over a 8 year period were positive for THC.