Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me. Reply To: After being perscribed adderall for 10 years. Today my doctor drug tested me.

janet1234567
Participant

I feel for you all regarding the humiliation of having to be tested. I live in the UK and so far, there are no requirements to be drug tested prior to receiving a prescription for a controlled substance. (Here, many medications have recently been categorized as controlled substances, which has changed the way and the amount that they can be prescribed and collected.) It is unfortunate that so many doctors have become loose prescribers. Adderall has been too easy to get for many who do not actually need the medication. Young people, also, have been irresponsible in selling pills to friends at school.

As a result, we have to jump hurdles that are not of our making, and we must fight not to feel stigmatized. Let us at least try to remind ourselves that our doctors know us and are on our side and would not want their patients to have setbacks. Plus, this is an amazing forum because there are so many like-minded and sympathetic people interacting daily. I am glad that the OP was able to share this experience and hopefully feels supported.