Reply To: SEVERE mind blanking

zenzi
Participant

Thanks for responding,janet. I should’ve also mentioned that I attend a state university campus that is known for offering classes to working adults, with several options of study. Some of the attendees are taking short classes paid for by their employee, and others are finishing (and sometimes starting) a 2- or 4-year degree. Currently, I am the only student finishing a math degree (I’ll be 52 in a couple weeks, btw), and as a result, I’ve had to take the vast majority of my classes as independent studies – I get a syllabus, I buy the textbook, and I submit exams to my advisor. No classroom study, no fellow classmates.

I was doing relatively well until I got to Calculus III. Meds stopped working, emergency situations happened, and I’m working a full-time job. I basically procrastinated (against my will) and crammed at the end of the semester. Since then I’m slowly getting my brain together. I’m taking Differential Equations and, though I don’t see anything I haven’t yet learned, I can’t seem to remember any of it, if that makes sense. I find myself constantly going back and reviewing, and that just leads to an endless loop of not doing what I should be doing. I’m stuck on the same pages in the same chapter, and the semester goes on, regardless.