Reply To: My life with ADHD- I need to get this out

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Emotions & Shame My life with ADHD- I need to get this out Reply To: My life with ADHD- I need to get this out

mrsamyables
Participant

I just wanted to pop in and say …I hear you. And you are NOT alone. It’s an emotional and exhausting experience. I had a similar experience in 2018, being diagnosed as an adult. This occurred after my son was diagnosed (at 6 y.o. in 2017). I was watching Jessica McCabe’s “How to ADHD” Youtube channel during research to help my kiddo through his symptoms, and tears just started rolling down my face as I watched her talk about ADHD. I didn’t realize at first that I was crying, and then once I realized that I was crying, I was like “this is my life”

This weekend was particularly awful for me, and it all boils down to the fact that the store shelves being without what I needed to do my (previously migrated task of) meal-prepping project over the weekend, and the fact that my brain just didn’t handle that well at all. It’s exhausting to be an adult with ADHD who has lived an entire 3 decades without knowing that my brain just functions differently than a neuro-typical one. And what to do about it, so that it doesn’t devastate me any more!

So, yeah. Solidarity, my friend.