Reply To: Can anyone help with issues for a blank brain/’brain fog’

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD Can anyone help with issues for a blank brain/’brain fog’ Reply To: Can anyone help with issues for a blank brain/’brain fog’

Do you have any sinus issues? I know this sounds not related, but if you have had several sinus infections in the past it may be. I had ‘brain fog’ that would not go away for years. I had, had several sinus infections over the years. Even during the times I didn’t think I was having any sinus issues, the brain fog was still there. I went see an ENT, we tried usual meds, etc… Still the same. The ENT noticed that the airways in my noise were pretty narrow. He did a cat scan and we found that because of the narrow airways, after each of the sinus infections, portions of the infection gook, wasn’t allowed to drain and slowly built up over time in my sinuses below my eyes. That gook was putting pressure on the inside of my head and on top of that the narrow airways depriving me of air. The cat scan showed all grey. After surgery last year to clear out the built up infection material and widen my airways the brain fog was gone. Hasn’t come back.