Reply To: How should you feel when taking adderall if you have adhd?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Treating Your ADHD How should you feel when taking adderall if you have adhd? Reply To: How should you feel when taking adderall if you have adhd?

The Cat Lady
Participant

The thing is… technically you shouldn’t “feel” anything; you won’t feel distracted, or forgetful. You won’t feel anxiety when making any sort of decisions. You won’t feel astounded when you look at the time, and do not know where all your time has gone. You won’t feel like you’re struggling all the time. You should just feel… Clarity. Ease. Things just… work. Things that you procrastinated on or forgotten about, are now effortless to accomplish.
The dose may be getting too high, however, if you realize that you can’t stay away from Pinterest 😉

11 Steps to Prescribing and Using ADHD Medication Effectively

Read this. I, too, have been hopelessly struggling on my current dose; the above article answered a lot of my questions. Don’t be afraid to advocate for yourself. Find the Weiss Impairment scale, and the symptom checklist from CADDRA. Crucial tools to facilitate communications with your doctor. Good luck.