Reply To: Can anyone recommend someone for private diagnosis in the Uk?

Home Welcome to the ADDitude Forums For Adults Symptoms, Diagnosis & Beyond Can anyone recommend someone for private diagnosis in the Uk? Reply To: Can anyone recommend someone for private diagnosis in the Uk?

ryoto
Participant

I don’t know if they do official diagnosis, and I know you said you wanted a coach however this counselling group GroOops is specifically for people with people with dyslexia and associated neurological conditions such as ADHD Autism OCD ect.

There link is:

Home

They have a enter in North London buy also offer Skype appointments.

They also have a lot of different counsellors for different price bands.

I have had appointments with the main counsellor Penny because when I looked her up I really liked all of her experience and training.

They really know their stuff and I honestly think its a really good service.

I would highly recommend contacting them as they are extremely helpful and of they aren’t the right fit might be able to point you in the right direction.

I am unsure if you are going to go the private or NHS route, either way make a list of symptoms you and your son have from this website and take them to the GP as soon as possible because in some places in England the wait for an ADHD assessment is 6 years for an adult. (I was quoted this but got it in 6 months because I had waited a year for an autism assessment first)